Découvrez toutes nos recette
PILAU MASALA RICE - EAST AFRICA
This unique meat and rice dish is very popular in East Africa. Rice was introduced over the centuries via India and Arabia. We are adding a masala mixture that you can prepare yourself.
For 4 people
Preparation: 20 mins
Cooking: 30 mins
- 250g of basmati rice
- 650g of beef
- 1 onion
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- ½ tsp. of Albert Ménès whole cumin
- ½ tsp. of Albert Ménès black peppercorns
- 5 tbsp of olive oil
- ½ tsp. of Albert Ménès cloves
- ¼ tsp. of Albert Ménès cardamom
- ¼ tsp. of ground cinnamon
1) In a wok-type pan, first cook the beef in one tablespoon of oil. Allow about five minutes per side, then set the meat aside. Finally, collect the meat juice and add it to the vegetable broth.
2) While the meat is cooking, dilute the vegetable stock cube in 60 cl of hot water.
3) In a large bowl, grind the whole spices (cumin, pepper, cloves and cardamom) and mix with the cinnamon. This is your masala.
4) Chop the onion and fry it in your wok with a tablespoon of oil. Allow about 3 minutes before stirring in the masala and onion, then stir for another minute.
5) Pour the rice into the pan along with the remaining oil. When the rice has become translucent, pour a third of the broth into the wok and stir until the juice evaporates. This should take around 5 minutes, then repeat this step by adding 20cl of juice and mix until evaporation. Then pour in the last third of the juice.
6) Finally, add the beef. Add salt and pepper to taste, cover and cook for 3 minutes.
Keywords: Africa, Cinnamon, Ground Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cloves, Cumin, Whole Cumin, Pepper, Peppercorns, Black Pepper, African recipe, Rice, Rice pilau, Rice pilau masala